Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Goodbyes Aren't Forever

I've spent far too much time these past few months trying to decide where I belong.

And I've been paralyzed trying to figure out what's next.

But some things fall together more perfectly then I could have dreamed and one last minute trip to Latin America has left me dizzy happy and I'm still not sure what it all means.


San Jose was beautiful and I fell in love with mountains and cloudy skies and rainbow cityscapes.

And these people. 

© 2014 LT

© 2014 Alex Kautz

When card games and silly commentators make you laugh so hard you can't breathe there is no such thing as losing.

And there is nothing like singing to the Father with a group of people who know better than most that this world is not our home.

I didn't know it was possible to feel so at home in a new place and goodbyes are hard but they aren't forever. 

See you this summer became my song and it carried me through the exhaustion content.

This heart is stretched thin from loving those so far away but pictures are four-cornered time capsules and my mind treasures words I will never forget.


I'm not sure what's next but more adventures are near and adventures mean new friends and more hellos and goodbyes really aren't forever.


4 comments:

  1. I never felt that I belonged anywhere in the world. Not yet anyway.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellos and goodbyes are difficult. At least, they have been for me lately. So this was very nice to read. And thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they are. I wouldn't trade them though. You are very welcome and thank you for yours. :)

      Delete